Sutter Health Surgical Technician II in San Jose, California
PAMF-Palo Alto Medical Foundation PAD
Responsible for preparing the sterile field for surgical operations including the setup of sterile instruments, assisting surgeons in gowning and gloving, and draping patients for surgery. Directly supports the surgical team during operations by passing instruments and supplies, holding retractors, and anticipating surgeons' needs during course of surgery. Supports the functionality of the department by distributing supplies and performing equipment maintenance, testing, and setup as needed. Adheres to all local/state/federal regulations, codes, policies and procedures to ensure privacy and safety to help deliver optimal patient care. May also be responsible for performing specific procedures and/or may help orient other staff to the department.
Job Description :
These Principal Accountabilities, Requirements and Qualifications are not exhaustive, but are merely the most descriptive of the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, staff changes, workload, or technical development).
• Assists surgeons in a variety of surgeries or procedures and determines the needs of the surgeons in a consistent manner to achieve quality patient care.
• Establishes and maintains a sterile field, including sterile tables, tools, and patient draping.
• Selects and prepares necessary supplies and equipment for each surgical procedure and checks for working order.
• Ensures that routine and priority tasks are completed within established departmental time frames.
• Performs general clerical tasks, such as answering phones; updating patient appointments; or retrieving, entering, and revising patient electronic health records (EHR), and collecting and organizing operation room paperwork and physician preference cards.
• Prepares and completes accurate documentation related to supply inventory and orders new supplies when necessary.
• Maintains a clean, neat, and safe working environment, ensuring the operating room is clean before and after procedures.
• Inspects and calibrates equipment accordingly for proper operation and records the quality control (QC) results, reporting any malfunctions to the supervisor.
• Maintains strictest confidence of all patients protected health information (PHI) and protects all PHI from accidental, intentional, or inappropriate disclosure.
• Performs quality work in compliance with department standards, policies, and procedures, as well as local, state and federal regulatory agencies to deliver the highest level of patient safety and care.
Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required degree or diploma.
HS Diploma or equivalent education/experience
Other: Graduate of an accredited surgical technology program
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE:
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
- 1 year of recent relevant experience.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
General knowledge of surgical tools, procedures, views, and equipment.
Ability to interpret a variety of data and instructions, furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Basic understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology.
Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse audiences, including non-medical people.
Well-developed time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within standardized operating procedures and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies, procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with interruptions.
Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting appropriate solutions from established options.
Build collaborates relationships with peers and other healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
Pay Range: $44.54-$53.44
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Days of the Week:
Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Number of Openings:
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
- Sutter Health Jobs