Hilton Kitchen Stewarding Executive in Pune, India
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
A Kitchen Steward Executive under the general guidance of the Chief Steward or Assistant Chief Steward, oversees and supervises all aspects of stewarding operation during a shift, in adherence to Hilton policies and procedures. This role ensures that the cleanliness, hygiene and sanitation of all kitchen areas, equipment and utensils are maintained in accordance to established quality standards.
What will I be doing?
As the Kitchen Steward Executive , you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Maintain a high customer service focus with customers in mind.
• Possess a positive attitude, take responsibility and initiative to resolve issues and communicate clearly with customers and colleagues.
• Responsible for guiding the stewards in their jobs.
• Assist the Chief Steward to control and analyze on an on-going basis the cleanliness of kitchen areas, banquet rooms (back of the house), equipment and utensils, operating and cleaning supplies, as well as team members’ payroll, related costs, breakage and loss.
• Provide sufficient cleaning supplies and equipment which are in accordance with sanitation standards and in good condition to the outlets and kitchen sections, for stewarding operation during a shift.
• Responsible for the results in implementing the cleaning schedule.
• Take daily inventory and make requisition of cleaning supplies.
• Responsible for the proper handling and maintenance of all equipment in the kitchen, storing and safekeeping all flatware, glassware, hollowware, utensils and related equipment.
• Maintain and update the steward operating manual, chemical charts and cleaning charts for the team’s reference.
• Prepare and monitor the requisitions of all chemicals and equipment.
• Conduct and prepare the monthly operating equipment inventory.
• Report and monitor the breakage and loss report for operating equipment.
• Keep the storeroom in order.
• Maintain the polishing machine and the deoxidizing bath in perfect order.
• Operate and maintain the automatic dish-washing machine and other cleaning equipment.
• Provide the restaurants with sufficient dishes.
• Clean the floor and the tiles in the kitchen, corridors and stewarding areas.
• Assist the Chief Steward to check that all areas of the kitchen, canteen, and storerooms are up to sanitation standards.
• Complete the FSMS checklist in preparation for service.
• Check reservations for the day, ensure that the team is aware of busy areas in the operation.
• Perform all duties and responsibilities safely for yourself and others in the workplace.
• Assist Waiters, Bar Attendants and Kitchen team members where required.
• The Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
• Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What are we looking for?
A Kitchen Steward Executive serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• Middle School diploma equivalent or above.
• At least 3 years working experience in a 5-star category hotel.
• Minimum of 2 years as a Stewarding Team Leader in an international brand hotel.
• Possess a valid health certificate.
• Knowledgeable of opening hours for restaurants and hotel outlets.
• Capable of training and motivating team members.
• Able to set priorities to complete tasks in a timely manner.
• Able to work in a moist, hot and sometimes loud environment.
• Knowledgeable in HACCP.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Kitchen Stewarding Executive
Requisition ID: HOT08ZZJ
- Hilton Jobs