Nexstar Media Group Website Producer in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
POSTING DATE: 2/12/2024
POSITION TITLE: Website Producer
REPORTS TO: Digital Content Executive Producer
Position Summary: This role is responsible for updating the local website, and curating content, -- That content can be everything from quick-hit local stories to breaking news and enterprise reports. This role will work on building a loyal local audience by being responsive to traffic patterns and audience interest while serving as a steward of our brands.
· Be curious! Ask questions.
· Curate and aggregate a steady stream of interesting content that is packaged and promoted in a way that generates engagement and repeat site visitation.
· Monitor all forms of media (print, TV, digital, blogs, and social) and be quick to report breaking news stories and always on the hunt for exclusive and or trending content that will grow engagement and drive loyal, local traffic
· Flexibility to perform duties
· Excellent at writing headlines that grow audience and engagement
· Prioritize packaging content that grows page views per visitor and time-on-site, using headline testing, metric tools, and observed patterns to guide decision-making.
· Understand different ways to tell a story, particularly by producing short videos and choosing great photos.
· Build positive working relationships with newsroom staff and management, work collaboratively on enterprise content, and create opportunities to market web content on the broadcast.
· Promote and distribute news content on social media.
Skill/ Experience Requirements
· 2 years of experience in digital content and journalism
· Clever headline writer
· Strong multi-tasking abilities
· Organized, technical problem solver and quick decision-maker
· Capable of researching, interviewing, and writing original news articles
· Knowledge of SEO best practices and AP Style
· Enjoys working in teams and has excellent interpersonal skills
· Ease with/ability to learn new technology independently and quickly
· Strong communicator
· Some schedule flexibility (nights, weekends, holidays)
Website audience producer will attend local editorial meetings as needed/assigned. Producer will be familiar with local, regional, and national content and use data to decide what stories to publish and how to showcase them on the website. Producer will take stories from newsroom and digital reporters and help package the content for optimal engagement. Producer will need to improve headlines and thumbnail images. Producer will communicate successes across the team and the regional group to maximize traffic across as many websites as possible.
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Contact:Apply by going to the link listed below and then filter the job search by location (US-OK-Oklahoma City). This will allow you to view all current postings for KFOR jobs.
Apply at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
Nexstar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nexstar Media Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: NXST) is a leading diversified media company that produces and distributes engaging local and national news, sports and entertainment content across television, streaming and digital platforms, including nearly 300,000 hours of original video content each year. Nexstar owns America’s largest local broadcasting group comprised of top network affiliates, with 200 owned or partner stations in 116 U.S. markets reaching 212 million people. Nexstar’s national television properties include The CW, America’s fifth major broadcast network, NewsNation, America’s fastest-growing national news and entertainment cable network reaching 70 million television homes, popular entertainment multicast networks Antenna TV and Rewind TV, and a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network. The Company’s portfolio of digital assets, including The Hill and BestReviews, are collectively a Top 10 U.S. digital news and information property. In addition to delivering exceptional content and service to our communities, Nexstar provides premium multiplatform and video-on-demand advertising opportunities at scale for businesses and brands seeking to leverage the strong consumer engagement of our compelling content offering. For more information, please visit Nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.