NBC Universal Content Producer, Telemundo Las Vegas in Las Vegas, Nevada
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
Telemundo Las Vegas / KBLR is Telemundo’s local television station, serving the Spanish-speaking community in the Las Vegas market. Owned by NBCUniversal, Telemundo Las Vegas has been delivering local news, information and entertainment to viewers throughout Southern Nevada for nearly 20 years. Viewers turn to Telemundo Las Vegas for breaking news, weather and sports headlines across a variety of platforms, including online at TelemundoLasVegas.com and via mobile and social media channels. Telemundo Las Vegas demonstrates its commitment to the community by cultivating local partnerships and capturing the diversity of Southern Nevada.
The Content Producer will work closely with the Executive Producer, Assignment Editors, Producers, Reporters and Anchors.
He/she will be responsible for the production of assigned news content by writing, editing and in some cases video recording the material for broadcast and all digital platforms.
The Content Producer will be responsible for the overall coverage of assigned stories on all platforms throughout the day.
A degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or related field.
• A minimum 1 or 2 years news writing experience.
• Spanish and English languages proficiency (reading and writing).
• Applicants must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must have a flexible schedule with ability to work any of a 24x7 shifts and willingness to work long hours, weekends and holidays with short notice.
• Must be willing to work in Las Vegas, NV.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License.
Strong news writing skills.
• Ability to write, edit, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure, without compromising accuracy or credibility.
• Significant experience in a news environment.
• Strong journalistic skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms, including broadcast, web and mobile.
• Strong computer skills, with basic understanding of multi-media file formats.
• A pioneering spirit with the desire to learn emerging technologies.
• Passion to develop and present story ideas.
• Invested and engaged in the local community and authentically understands and represents the local viewer.
•Strong Video Editing skills.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
- NBC Universal Jobs