Cardinal Health Warehouse Associate II (Mid-day Shift) in Jacksonville, Florida
Shift : Monday, - Friday 9am - 9pm. (Typical work week ranges from 45-60 hours)
*If the work for the week is not completed by end of day Friday, employees will be required to come in on Saturday to finish.
*Mandatory 1 Saturday day per month
Pay : $18.10/hr + $1,500 sign on bonus for new hires
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health:
Warehouse Operations is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point
of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
What is expected of you for success in your role:
Demonstrates working knowledge or proficiency in one or more assigned areas of responsibility:
- May also require material handling equipment certification
- Accurately performs multiple operational tasks assigned to the individual
- Demonstrates basic material handling/ packaging /warehouse equipment skills
- Performs one or more warehouse operations functions within the operating guidelines of the facility
- Demonstrates effective oral communication skills
- Responsible for cross-training in multiple areas of the warehouse including inbound and outbound
- Receive large boxes on warehouse dock, scan product with RF scanner, and input product information into computer
- Break down cases of product and operate heavy equipment to replenish warehouse
- Utilize voice to pick system to pick large case items with material handling equipment or to pick small unit of measure items and place on cart
- Palletize large items to skid and wrap for shipment
- Pack small items in boxes
- Drive material handling equipment as required by job duty. Example equipment in the facility includes: order picker (cherry picker), forklift, reach truck, turret truck, pallet jack, and walkie rider
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 1 - 2 years related experience preferred
- Previous material handling equipment experience (MHE) preferred
- Radio frequency (RF) scanner and/or voice to pick experience highly preferred
- Ability to consistently lift 50 Ibs and be able to bend, reach, stoop, lift and stand for entire shift of 8 hours or more required
- Must be able to work overtime with little to no advance notice
- Willingness to learn to operate material handling equipment and rotate into various areas of the warehouse
- Work at heights up to 25 feet consistently
- Adherence to site safety regulations including wearing required personal protective equipment such as steel toed safety shoes, and material handling equipment safety harness; accountable to Cardinal Health’s EHS as well as QRA policies and procedures.
- Aptitude to work in a fast paced distribution environment while meeting hourly established distribution quotas and performance standards
- Self-motivated with ability to work in a team-oriented environment with limited supervision and an emphasis on customer satisfaction
- Ability to comprehend and accurately process paperwork in accordance with policies and procedures
- Familiarity with Microsoft office products and general computer skills desired
- Flexibility/adaptability coupled with good multi-tasking skills
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a "Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube (http://youtube.com/user/CardinalHealth)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.