Health First RN - Med Surg in Cocoa Beach, Florida
To be fully engaged in providing Quality/No Harm, Customer Service and Stewardship by demonstrating leadership through the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care according to the standards of professional nursing practice. Nursing care is provided to the individual patient, based upon cultural, spiritual and age specific needs.
• Demonstrates effective medication administration provided to patients as evidenced by
• Preceptor Observation Tool, Skills Fair Demonstration, and Clinical Practice.
• Demonstrates appropriate delegation and supervision of patient care activities within the healthcare setting.
• Demonstrates effective communication with other members of the healthcare team and promotes effective team functioning.
• Utilizes Health First computer systems with regards to order entry, order inquiry, and patient care documentation.
• Demonstrates effective and safe clinical practice as evidenced by Skills Fair demonstration, completion of yearly Competency Assessment, and Age Specific Checklist.
• Coordinates interdisciplinary plan of care based on current evidence based practice.
• Documents all nursing care, change in condition, response to therapy, treatments, procedures and referrals on patient record to meet standards.
• Demonstrates dependability, reliability and flexibility.
• Uses and cares for equipment and supplies economically.
• Customer Experience:
• Provides patient, family, and/or caregiver education as directed by the plan of care.
• Provides service to patients and families with sensitivity and respect for their needs, expectations, age, cultural, and individual differences.
• Contributes to the patient experience as evidenced by positive patient satisfaction scores
• and HCAHPs scores for department/medical center and/or written compliments by patients/others as well as consistent performance of purposeful hourly rounding and bedside shift report.
• Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing
• BSN required
• Current Florida RN licensure or endorsement.
• Must hold current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider Completion Card prior to start date and maintain.
• Certification (s) as required by specific unit.
• Must meet unit specific care requirements.
• Must be able to speak/understand written and verbal instructions in the English language.
*PHYSICAL DEMANDS: *
• Must have visual acuity and hand-eye coordination to perform clinical tasks.
• Must have corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
• Must be able to lift, turn, pull, push or ambulate patients/equipment up to 90% of the assigned shift.
• Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds unassisted up to 33% of the assigned shift
• Must be able to stand, walk, bend, and stoop up to 90% of assigned shift
• Potential for exposure to bio-hazardous waste, and known or unknown diseases
• Must have ability to work in often stressful environment with patients/families at various ages and levels of understanding.
• Must have ability to concentrate on multiple priority activities.
• Must have ability to respond appropriately to life threatening situations.
• Must have critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Job: *Medical / Surgical
Organization: *Cape Canaveral Hospital
Title: RN - Med Surg
Location: Florida - Brevard County-Cocoa Beach
Requisition ID: 069930
Other Locations: United States-Florida - Brevard County-Melbourne