AIG Fast Track Rep in Charleston, West Virginia
About the role
What you need to know:
The Fast Track Representative will handle automobile and general liability claims under general supervision. The position also ensures ongoing adjudication of claims within the Company standards, industry best practices and specific client service requirements.
• Analyze and process 1st and 3rd- party property damage claims and general liability claims by investigating and gathering information to determine the exposure on the claim; ensure proactive claims handling aimed at the prompt and cost-effective resolution of claims through well-developed action plans. Determine need for and direct independent adjusters to gather information to determine exposure on the claim and control their costs.
• Identify and evaluate coverage issues; prepare comprehensive coverage letters with supervisory review and analysis.
• Assess liability and resolve claim within established evaluation. Maintain diaries and complete tasks within required timeframes as set forth by department guidelines; ensure claim files are timely and properly documented with clear and concise analysis on coverage, damages, reserves, and liability including an action plan for resolution.
• Coordinate vendor referrals for additional investigation. Calculate and assign timely and appropriate reserves; monitor reserve accuracy throughout the life of the claim.
• Refer case as appropriate to supervisor and management. Respond to requests or directions in a professional and timely manner.
• Successfully complete required State licensing examinations and continuing education requirement.
What we’re looking for:
• 1+ years of claims handling experience preferred
• West Virginia Adjusters License preferred
• Strong decision-making ability and the ability to negotiate
• Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• ·Motivated individuals who are interested in the potential for an upwardly mobile career path
• Potential for flexible work arrangement including remote working.
• Bachelor ‘s degree preferred.
A look at our Benefits
We're proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help you protect what matters most - your health care, savings, financial protection and wellbeing. We provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family and military needs. For example, our "Giving Back" program allows you to take up to 16 hours a year to volunteer in your community. Our global mental health and wellness days off provide all colleagues with a paid day off to focus on their mental health and wellbeing.
We also believe in fostering our colleagues' development and offer a range of learning opportunities for colleagues to hone their professional skills to position themselves for the next steps of their careers. We have a tuition reimbursement program for eligible colleagues to enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate to their current position or future positions to which they may transfer or progress.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and its policies and procedures reflect this commitment. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories such as sexual orientation. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit: https://www.aig.com/about-us/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
AIG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or hiring process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
CL - Claims
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Claims, Inc.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions and other financial services to customers in approximately 70 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
What unites us across all of these offerings is our commitment to helping individuals, businesses and communities prepare for and respond to times of uncertainty. Whether serving those facing natural disasters or millions of Americans striving for a financially secure retirement, we have the specialist expertise to help clients better manage risk.
We’re also committed to doing the right thing for our people and the communities where we work and live. It’s why we seek to offer what matters to our ever-diversifying team - like flexible and creative work environments, professional growth opportunities and forums to advocate for one another and incite change. We encourage employees to give back to the causes they care most about, supporting these efforts through our Volunteer Time Off and Matching Grants Programs.
Join our Talent Network (http://www.aig.com/careers/life-at-aig/join-the-talent-network) . Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/aig) | Twitter (https://twitter.com/AIGinsurance) | LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig) . These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.